1/4 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
(or dark chocolate chips if you want to get fancy and healthy. I haven't tried it with dark chocolate so if you do, let me know how it turns out)
1/4 cup Natural Peanut Butter
2 Large Bananas
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
(I used fine coconut and it worked fine)
Now what do we do?:
Great Question. Here are the directions I used
- Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it.
- Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.
- Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about a minute. Then stir until smooth.
- Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Lay them out leaving some space between them on the parchment/wax paper. Then when you've "covered" them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolate-y goodness).
- Then sprinkle the unsweetened coconut flakes on top. Transfer to the freezer for about an hour until hardened.
- You can enjoy them like this (but they really aren't frozen yet -- and when they're frozen, the banana tastes like vanilla ice cream) . . . I suggest then covering with some plastic wrap (or really you can do all of this in some kind of Rubbermaid container) and let freeze overnight.
*confession* I got lazy and didn't measure the chocolate and peanut butter. AH! I know, but the bites still turned out amazing. I also kind of "sprinkled" the coconut on top like a mad woman because I love coconut.
Here's to covering fruit in chocolate and pretending it's healthy!
My goodness, those look delicious!ReplyDelete
Amazing - I can't wait to give these a try!!ReplyDelete
Kate xo petite-adventures.blogspot.ca
YUM! Sounds delicious!ReplyDelete
Oh my gosh these look delicious!!!! =DReplyDelete
I'm hosting my very first Giveaway on my blog, would love if you checked it out!
Overnight?? I don't think I'm that patient:) lol anyhow, this sounds so delicious! Thanks for sharing:DReplyDelete
check out some of my looks on BestTrendsForever.com!!
Ohhh! Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try this!!ReplyDelete