chocolate caramel cookies
Also known as Chocolate Rolo Cookies.
Here is the recipe I use. It's relatively easy (although kind of messy) and very delicious! If you're looking to do some last minute Christmas baking I definitely recommend these yummy chocolate and caramel treats.
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup margarine
2 teaspoons vanilla
48 rolos chocolate covered caramel candies (or 96 mini rolos)
1 tablespoon sugar
Yield: 48 cookies. (I never end up with 48 cookies. I always make them too large. I usually end up with 43 cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add Sugar, Brown Sugar, Margarine, Eggs and Vanilla.
3. Mix together until well blended.
4. Add Flour, Cocoa and Baking Soda and mix well.
5. Refrigerate and chill dough for 30 minutes.
6. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 Rolo (or 2 mini rolos) in the centre of each dough ball.
7. Form the dough ball around the majority of the rolo.
8. Roll each dough ball in sugar
9. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 7-10 minutes (I prefer to use parchment paper and have found that it rarely takes longer than 8 minutes for the cookies in my oven. Obviously every oven will vary).
10. Let cool on pan for 1 minute then take off and place on cookie cooling rack.
Posted by Melissa at 12/23/2013
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my god it looks so good! I have to try this recipe for sure! So perfect for holiday's season!ReplyDelete
Kisses and Happy Holidays!