My morning routine.
These days I refuse to get out of bed a minute earlier than I have to so I like to start my day off by hitting snooze 4 times.
Once I finally get out of bed I usually have 15 minutes to get ready. After I put my contacts in, brush my teeth, and pout for a few minutes about the fact that I'm awake, I only have about 3 minutes to do my makeup.
Face cream, concealer, blush, mascara and a lip colour is all I have time for.
1. Benefit 'they're real' mascara. My go-to mascara is usually the L'Oreal Voluminous mascara but I find that the benefit mascara lasts longer. So for a long day at work I have been choosing this one.
2. I have been searching high and low for a concealer that covers up my aggravatingly dark under eye circles. Jen of Her Waise Choice recommended this one by Lancome and even though I've only had it for a short time, I'm already in love.
3. I can't say it's a favourite but I've been using Olay's Total Effects 7 in One. It's fine. I have sensitive skin and I've wasted a lot of money on lotions that end up causing my skin to hate me. It's not easy finding a cream that fights aging without causing me to suddenly breakout. I'll be accepting recommendations in the comment section below ;).
4. I was recently sent this Second Skin Cream Blush by Make Up For Ever in colour 210 (thanks Make Up For Ever!) I've never been huge on cream blush but I was actually really impressed with how dewy my skin looked after using it. I think it's going to stay in my makeup bag for the time being instead of being put in the drawer where all my unused cosmetics go to die. The other blush I've been loving ( but more so for the evening) is the Lancome Blush Palette in Rose Flush. It has a nice shimmer to it and it comes with a highlighter and contouring colour as well. Two thumbs up.
5. The Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey has been used so much the lid is cracked and falls off on a regular basis in my purse. I just don't care. I love it enough to allow it to get all over the contents of my purse as it floats around lid-less. I have these balm stains in different colours but Honey is my go-to for every day.
So that's it! My face has a bad habit of eating all of my makeup off while I'm at work but I've found that this makeup combination is not only quick to apply, but stays on for most of the day. I have also started avoiding mirrors after noon so that helps as well.